Video, Quick Clip – Sunrise from Outer Space, YouTube, 11/10/11.
Audio, 2001 A Space Odyssey Opening in 1080 HD, YouTube, 9/22/10.
Video, Memory – Okuribito (Departures) Soundtrack by Joe Hisaishi, YouTube, 2/9/10.
Graphic of Big Bang, Paul Laurendeau, “De Nihilo Nihil…… (nothing comes out of nothing),” Nothing Out of Nothing, May 2010.
Photo of lightbulb, “Improving Light Bulb Energy Efficiency,” NHPR, 9/4/11.
Video, Infant in Garden
Video, The Living Art of Ikebana, YouTube, 4/10/08.
Video, Picasso Painting Live, YouTube, 7/19/08.
Video, Shodo Japanese Calligraphy Demonstration – Senri no Doumo Ippokara, YouTube, 12/22/12.
Photo of Fallingwater in Western Pennsylvania, “Featured Artist: Frank Lloyd Wright—American Architect,” Arizona Experience, n.d.
Video, Sunset from space, YouTube, 12/12/10.
Sep 2-Oct 13, 2013
Feb 27-Mar 30, 2012
- PBL/Authentic Course Example: Peter Leong’s ‘The Akamai Consulting PBL Scenario’
- Authentic Learning Isn’t More Common — Because It’s Too Common?
- Quick Review of ‘Examples of Authentic Online Learning Activities’
- Remixing Reeves, Herrington, and Oliver’s 10-Point Criteria for Authentic Activities
- Mshin: An Authentic Question at Last
- TOMOOC Fishing in Week 4
- A Gift from Pat — Vanessa Paz Dennen
- Comments on Selected Week 4 Resources: ‘Natural Critical Learning Environment’
- The Vulnerability Imperative in Online Learning: A Response to Julio
- ‘Community’ As a Relative Structure: A Response to Rachael
- Artifact 3: Community in Online Forums
- Authenticity in Online Class Discussions: A Response to Rachael
- ‘Lacking in Technical Details’ – A Response to Mshin
- Presence, ‘Mr. Miyagi Style’ (Artifact 2)
- To Produce Independent Learners, Schools Must Change
- Comment on Thompson Video: Human Touch
- Value of TOMOOC Webinars?
- Teacher Response to Language in Student Writing: Implications for Online Courses
- Artifact: Life Is Making Sense
- Responses to Veronica, Ida, Sara: 9/13/13
- Response to Jennyrw2013’s ‘How Do I Facilitate Students…’
- My Takeaways from Tony Bates’s ‘Nine Steps’
- Response to Jserpa’s “‘Online’ Isn’t a Magic Word”
- Response to ‘Uncomfortable with MOOC’
- How Much Time Should We Spend on Online Classes?
- Aloha Discussion
- Aloha, everyone!
- Comment on Summaries in Online Discussions
- Comments on Week 5 Readings: PBL
- Response to Week 4 Discussion Questions on Critical Thinking in Asynchronous Discussions